COUNTRY MUSIC SUPERSTAR ALAN JACKSON TO BE INDUCTED INTO
Honoring His Play to Over One Million Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Fans
FEB. 1, 2011 — HOUSTON — FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo officials announced today that 2011RodeoHouston™ performer Alan Jackson will be inducted into the Show’s Star Trail of Fame Friday, March 18, at 3:30 p.m., as the superstar entertainer reaches 1 million in attendance at RodeoHouston.
“I’ve played for the rodeo fans in Houston a lot over the years, and I always look forward to it. I know there’s always a whole lot of people out there when I walk out on that stage, but I never imagined they’d added up to a million!” Jackson says. “I always appreciate the fans coming out to see me, and I want to thank the Rodeo for having me back again this year.”
Make plans now to be a part of the millionth-fan legacy for this legendary RodeoHouston performer. Great seats are still available starting at only $18. Secure your place now at www.rodeohouston.com.
Season and Mini-Season tickets are still available, as well as individual tickets for all 20 performances. Visit www.rodeohouston.com to see the full 2011 entertainer lineup and to buy tickets.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a Section 501(c)(3) charity that benefits youth, supports education, and facilitates better agricultural practices through exhibitions and presentation. Since its beginning in 1932, the Show has committed more than $265 million to the youth of Texas . The 2011 Show runs March 1-20. For more information, visit www.rodeohouston.com.
ALAN JACKSON TAKES HIS TOUR NORTH OF THE BORDERSELLS OUT CANADIAN DATES
Receives Three ACM Nominations
Earlier today the Academy of Country Music announced nominations for the upcoming ACM Awards and Jackson garnered three nominations for Song of the Year, Single Record of the Year and Vocal Event of the Year for his collaboration with the Zac Brown Band on “As She’s Walking Away.” Jackson has won 16 ACM awards in his career.
Jackson’s 2011 tour schedule is also highlighted by a highly-anticipated return to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show on March 18 and his first-ever tour of Australia, which begins in March.
Comments
Post a Comment