￼￼￼The First-Ever LouisiBama Gumbo Bowl – Enter or Just Enjoy! Join us for the festivities as the world’s biggest bowl of gumbo is cooked up right in front of Bryant-Denny Stadium before the
Alabama/LSU football game on Nov. 5. Proceeds from this culinary event will benefit local charities. To purchase your tickets, visit http://gumbobowl2011.ticketbud.com/tornado-relief.
The day’s events will also feature the Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-off, a highly competitive gumbo cooking competition sponsored in part by the Alabama Seafood Marketing Commission and Lodge Manufacturing. Four LSU fans and four Alabama fans will square off over their Lodge cast-iron pots in a heated culinary battle for gumbo supremacy. The winner will take home the coveted Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-off Grand Champion trophy. Are you ready to compete?
Send your gumbo recipe and cooking directions along with your contact information to email@example.com and you may be chosen to compete.
Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-off CONTEST RULES
1. Recipes must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 30, 2011 at midnight CST.
2. Entry must provide recipe title, ingredients list, and directions plus entrant’s name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
3. The four competitors will be notified of their qualification by Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011.
4. Each competitor must create a seafood gumbo.
5. All competitors will be provided with a list of available ingredients in advance.
6. All seafood ingredients provided must be used in the gumbo.
7. All ingredients, utensils, stoves, etc. will be provided.
8. Each competitor is allowed to have one assistant on-site.
9. Each competitor is allowed one mystery ingredient. (This can be any food item: spice, sausage, meat, etc.)
10. Judges will be selected by Chef John Folse and Bob Baumhower.
11. One winner will be chosen from the Alabama teams. One winner will be chosen from the Louisiana teams. A trophy will be given
to each of these winners. From these two finalists, one will be named Grand Champion based on a blind tasting. An additional
trophy will be awarded to the Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-Off champion.
12. Travel expenses to the Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-Off are the exclusive responsibility of each contestant.
13. Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. on game day to the right of the Walk of Champions in front of Bryant Denny Stadium. Competition
begins promptly at 8 a.m. Judging begins at 11 a.m.
14. Winners will be chosen by judges based on roux technique, overall seafood taste and flavor, consistency of gumbo and final plate
15. All recipes submitted to the Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-Off become the property of the Alabama Seafood Marketing Commission,
including publication rights.
16. Competitors at the Gumbo Bowl Tailgate Cook-Off also hereby release the Alabama Tourism Department, Alabama Seafood
Marketing Commission and Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board, and/or a person or organization appointed by them, to take photography, video or any other mediums of competitors’ recipe, on-site cooking, final plated dish and/or any likeness of them and/or their on-site assistant at the cook-off.