Skip to main content


LAUREN ALAINA WILL RELEASE HER DEBUT ALBUM, WILDFLOWER, ON OCT. 11
PROJECT FEATURES THE DEBUT HIT SINGLE “LIKE MY MOTHER DOES”

NASHVILLE, TN – Mercury Nashville/19 Recordings/Interscope artist Lauren Alaina will release her debut album, Wildflower, on Oct. 11. She revealed the album details exclusively to her fans via email on Thursday evening and shared the news nationwide earlier today on ABC’s Good Morning America, where she performed. She is featured in the American Idols Live tour that runs through September and stops in Atlantic City, N.J. on Saturday, Aug. 13.

“I have always dreamed of making an album and I can’t believe it’s actually happening,” she says. “It’s because of the fans who voted for me on American Idol that I am here, so I am dedicating this album to them.  I hope they love it!

“I feel like it has a flavor for everybody. It’s a mixture of all different songs, so I hope it will appeal to all different kinds of people. There are fast songs for people who like up-tempos that you can dance to, and there are also tearjerkers for people who like slower ballads.  I tried to get songs that are all a little different so that we could bring a fresh feel to each and every song.”

Sixteen-year-old Lauren was the runner-up on Season 10 of American Idol . A record-breaking 122.4 million votes were cast for Lauren and winner Scotty McCreery, and 38.6 million viewers tuned in to see the finale. The project’s debut single is “Like My Mother Does,” which she performed first on American Idol. The video for “Like My Mother Does” was released on Monday and can be seen on CMT and GAC.

For the album Lauren recorded “She’s a Wildflower,” written by Hillary Lindsey, Steven McEwan and Gordie Simpson, and Lauren connected so strongly with the song that she chose Wildflower as the album’s title. “Wildflower is the perfect name for my first album,” she says. “I would consider myself a wildflower because wildflowers are sweet, but then they have a little bit of spunk to them – they are ‘wildflowers.’ I like to have a lot of fun and I’m really sassy, so I feel like a wildflower would be a good description of who I am as a person.”

Lauren had a unique recording experience with her first album. Because she was on the American Idols Live! Tour, she recorded in several studios across the United States with producer Byron Gallimore in addition to holding several sessions in Nashville. “I really enjoyed working with him,” she says of Gallimore, who has worked with Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Lee Ann Womack, among others.  “I was nervous at first because I thought it was going to be really intense and hard and maybe even intimidating, but he made me feel right at home. I consider him family now. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun.”

Lauren’s official website (www.laurenalainaofficial.com) is currently offering an exclusive album pre‐order package that includes Lauren’s full‐length debut album, an autographed 8x10 photo (for limited quantity of orders), a personalized poster and an instant download of her single “Like My Mother Does,” as well as a chance to enter a sweepstakes for an ultimate Country Music Association Awards experience that includes a meet‐and‐greet with Lauren.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Bryan Reigns At Spring Break Panama City

Luke Bryan's Spring Break...Here To Party Tops Billboard's Country and Top 200 Sales Charts NASHVILLE, TN – Country superstar and 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards show co-host Luke Bryan has topped the Billboard Country sales chart and earned his first #1 album on Billboard's Top 200 chart with Spring Break...Here To Party, selling 149,515 units in its first week. This is the first full-length physical album released from Bryan's five-year "Spring Break" series. The 14-track album features two new tracks as well as a collection of songs from his previously released digital "Spring Break" EPs - 2009's Spring Break...With All My Friends, 2010's Spring Break 2...Hangover Edition, 2011's Spring Break 3...It's A Shore Thing and last year's Spring Break 4...Suntan City. Though the album didn't include a radio single, Bryan did release a video for "Buzzkill," one of the album's new tracks, which can
Kenny Rogers featured in Billboard’s 50 th  Anniversary of Adult Contemporary chart   Rogers’ Ranks Sixth-Best All Time and Fourth-Best Male with 28 AC Top 10 hits Nashville, TN (August 25, 2011) – According to Billboard, Kenny Rogers’ 28 Adult Contemporary Top 10’s are sixth-best all-time, and fourth-best among men, trailing only Elton John, Neil Diamond and Elvis Presley.  Kenny Rogers' feats on the AC chart include 47 hits, tying him with Barry Manilow for seventh-most in the chart's history. No core country artist has crossed over more titles to AC. Rogers has scored eight AC No. 1s. Rogers: "I remember when [the AC charts] were established, I thought it was so cool. I've always been a believer in the strength of the song. My problem is I'm a country singer who's had a lot of other musical influences, so my stuff is going to tend to be more AC. That's always been my slam in country music, that I was never a true country artist, even though &q

They call her..The Bare Naked Bandit..29 yr Old Lee Grace Doherty

ARRESTED now in Colorado...but what a story and week for 2 brothers and their stripper sister! Text messages and tweets by three fugitive siblings who shot at a police officer and robbed a bank reveal a dangerous mindset and a firm bond between the siblings, "We've certainly seen their mindset when... They shot at a law enforcement officer outside of Tampa Bay, Fla., and when they fired inside that bank in Valdosta, Ga. But these additional texts and tweets have given us additional insight," FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett told "Good Morning America" today. " We are concerned and feel that they are going to continue and cause problems to say the least for law enforcement." Ryan Dougherty, 21; his sister Lee Grace E. Dougherty, 29; and half-brother Dylan Dougherty Stanley, 26, have been on the lam since Aug. 2 when they shot at a police officer attempting to pull their white Subaru Impreza over for speeding. A few hours later, they robbed a bank in G