GARY ALLAN TO KICK-OFF 2011 CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL WITH FIRST PERFORMANCE ON CHEVROLET RIVERFRONT STAGE
NASHVILLE - Reflecting 40 years of CMA Music Festival, the lineup for the Daily Concerts on the Chevrolet(tm) Riverfront Stage includes a collection of past, present, and future superstar artists. The 2011 CMA Music Festival will be held Thursday-Sunday, June 9-12, in downtown Nashville. The Daily Concerts on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage are free and open to the public.
The Daily Concerts will kick-off on Thursday, June 9 at 10:00 AM/CDT with a high energy show from multi-Platinum recording artist Gary Allan. This is Allan's first performance at CMA Music Festival since 2006.
Darryl Worley will close the Daily Concerts on Friday, June 10; Billy Ray Cyrus will close on Saturday, June 11; and Terri Clark will close on Sunday, June 12. Clark last performed at CMA Music Festival in 2007; Cyrus in 2008; and Worley in 2010.
"Gary Allan will provide a dynamic start to 2011 CMA Music Festival at the Daily Concerts on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage," said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. "This stage is packed with great hit-makers from the '70s through today, spotlighting all the decades of CMA Music Festival's existence. And it's free! We invite everyone to come and enjoy the great music on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage."
The current daily artist lineups are revealed below in alphabetical order:
Thursday, June 9: Gary Allan, Emerson Drive, Colt Ford, Jack Ingram, Sammy Kershaw, Craig Morgan, James Otto, Jake Owen, Randy Rogers Band, andSteel Magnolia.
Friday, June 10: Frankie Ballard, Bucky Covington,Brett Eldredge, Jo Dee Messina, Randy Montana, Heidi Newfield, Sawyer Brown, Phil Vassar, James Wesley, and Darryl Worley.
Saturday, June 11: Crystal Bowersox, Jason Michael Carroll, Billy Ray Cyrus, Steve Holy, Lonestar, David Nail, Corey Smith, Mel Tillis, and Chuck Wicks.
Sunday, June 12: The Bellamy Brothers, Terri Clark, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, Josh Kelley, LoCash Cowboys, Jerrod Niemann, Troy Olsen, andSunny Sweeney.
Performance order will be listed on CMAfest.com, the official website of CMA Music Festival, closer to the event. Additional artists will be announced. Artists and dates subject to change.
Always a fan favorite area of CMA Music Festival, the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage lineup includes several past CMA Award winners:
· Billy Ray Cyrus - CMA Single of the Year (1992) - "Achy Breaky Heart"
· Lonestar - CMA Vocal Group of the Year (2001)
· James Otto - CMA Song of the Year (2009) - "In Color"
· Sawyer Brown - CMA Horizon Award (1985)
· Mel Tillis - CMA Entertainer of the Year (1976) and Country Music Hall of Fame (2007)
The lineup also includes artists who have received recognition in the worlds of television, movies, and Broadway:
· Crystal Bowersox was a finalist on "American Idol" in 2010.
· Billy Ray Cyrus starred in two television series ("Doc" and "Hannah Montana"), several movies (including "Mulholland Drive"), and participated in "Dancing with the Stars" in 2007.
· Bucky Covington was a finalist on "American Idol" in 2006.
· Larry Gatlin acted in "The Will Rogers Follies" on Broadway, and has been a recurring political and social commentator for FOX News Channel since 2010.
· Sawyer Brown won "Star Search" in 1983.
· Steel Magnolia won "Can You Duet?" in 2009.
· Mel Tillis has acted in several movies, including "W.W. and the Dixie Dance Kings" and "Cannonball Run."
· Chuck Wicks appeared in the reality television series "Nashville" in 2007, and competed on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2009.
Admittance to the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage is free, but four-day ticket holders have an exclusive 45-minute, early-entrance window before the gates open to the general public. The Riverfront concerts are a popular destination for families who want to enjoy great musical performances while relaxing on the sloping bank above the Cumberland River. The concerts are fun in the sun within easy walking distance of all the Festival event sites, with food vendors, activities, and more.
CMA Music Festival celebrates the unique relationship between Country Music artists and their fans in the heart of Music City USA. The artists participate for free, and on their behalf, CMA donates half the net proceeds of the Festival to support music education in Metro Nashville Public Schools through the Keep the Music Playing program. To date, more than $4.7 million has been donated to purchase musical instruments and supplies. The total also includes an annual endowment gift for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's Words & Music program.
For up-to-the-minute information about tickets, travel information, schedules, artist appearances and more, visit CMAfest.com, the official Internet home of CMA Music Festival. On CMAfest.com fans can buy four-day tickets (which includes all four Nightly Concerts at LP Field and the Fan Fair® Exhibit Hall) or single night tickets to the Nightly Concerts at LP Field, sign up for the CMA Exclusive e-news, watch helpful videos to make their CMA Music Festival experience better than ever, follow the CMA Facebook and Twitter feeds for more insider info and of course see the entire lineup of Country Music's biggest stars as they are announced for the event.