Skip to main content
 
Your soldier's finally comin' home 
To you and the kids, the life I've missed  
To no more nights alone, no more
To my little boy's last  baseball game
To my baby girl's first school day
I swear I'll never miss church as  
long as I live
Baby I know it's late  
But please pick up the phone
Your soldier's finally comin' home

I hope and pray when you got lonely, You thought of me and you got proud
I can't believe a year's gone by and all I've done is fight
Oh I can't wait to come back home and Put away my gun,  
Do nothin' but love  
Start again, if we can, where it was

Your soldier's finally comin' home  
To you and the kids, the life I missed
To no more nights alone  
(no more nights alone)
To my little boy's wearin' Daddy pants
My first father-daughter dance
I'm tired and I did here all that   
I can do
Baby I know it's late
Please pick up the phone
Your soldier's finally comin' home

I've seen tears I wish I never saw
Held myself together at times, by a string And a straw
How'd ya' make it with so much to do With us so far apart
And you could feel my heart break every Night without you in my arms
I don't want that no more   
No more, no more baby

Your soldier's finally coming home,
To you and the kids, the life I missed.
To no more nights alone
To wrestlin' round with my little boys
Singin' a lullaby with my baby girl
I'm all packed up and I pray  
You still need me
Baby I know it's late  
Please pick up the phone
Your soldier's finally comin' home


STEVE AZAR'S "SOLDIER SONG" TO BE HIGHLIGHTED IN NUMEROUS MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES

Proceeds From Heart-Tugging Song Written by Azar To Benefit Jared Allen's Homes 4 Wounded Warriors Foundation  

Nashville, TN (May 24, 2011) -- Soulful singer-songwriter, Steve Azar, is once again making an impact across the country with his moving tune, "Soldier Song." The raw and emotional song was written from the heart of the singer, which reflects on the cherished moments when a soldier returns home from war. The touching ballad is set to be used in several upcoming Memorial Day tributes honoring the men and women who defend our nation's freedom.   

This week, the song became available for purchase through iTunes, with portions of the proceeds raised by sales of "Soldier Song" benefiting Jared Allen's Home 4 Wounded Warriors - a non-profit organization designed to build handicap accessible homes for injured U.S. military vets.  

"Soldier Song" will appear during Fox News Network's number one cable news program, "Special Report with Bret Baier," on May 30, airing at 6:00 PM ET. The special segment will air during the hour-long program, honoring soldiers who have suffered the physical and mental devastations of war.  

Additionally, "Soldier Song" will be included in several Memorial Day Tributes throughout Azar's home state of Mississippi, including the syndicated radio show, Super Talk MS, and on various programs airing on ABC television affiliates, WDAM 7, WLBT 3 and CBS' WXVT 15.

"Soldier Song" is a tribute to the men and women overseas and their families left behind, hoping, praying and waiting for the day when they can say to their loved ones, "Your soldier's finally coming home to you and the kids, the life I've missed." The song's inspiration came while Azar was on the road touring heavily with rock legend, Bob Seger. After visiting the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., Azar reflected on how soldiers across the world coped with being away from their loved ones, sometimes never knowing when that moment would be that they would be reunited as a family.   

Azar has been a staple in country music for nearly 15 years since breaking onto the scene with his hits, "I Don't Have to Be Me ('Til Monday)" and "Waitin' On Joe." Azar is a passionate singer with a unique gift as one of Nashville's most talented songwriters, having penned a majority of his tunes throughout his stellar career. Most recently, Azar scored his Top 20 hit, "Sunshine," with the song's video also having great success on the country music television networks. His latest single, "Hard Road," is a haunting tune that has given encouragement and hope to many families struggling day to day to get through life. It is the third single from his critically-acclaimed album, Slide On Over Here.

To hear clips of "Soldier Song," visit www.steveazar.com.  A special YouTube video tribute to "Soldier Song" has been posted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlCtA3s_tA. 

Connect With Steve Azar on Facebook and Twitter at:
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Bryan Reigns At Spring Break Panama City

Luke Bryan's Spring Break...Here To Party Tops Billboard's Country and Top 200 Sales Charts NASHVILLE, TN – Country superstar and 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards show co-host Luke Bryan has topped the Billboard Country sales chart and earned his first #1 album on Billboard's Top 200 chart with Spring Break...Here To Party, selling 149,515 units in its first week. This is the first full-length physical album released from Bryan's five-year "Spring Break" series. The 14-track album features two new tracks as well as a collection of songs from his previously released digital "Spring Break" EPs - 2009's Spring Break...With All My Friends, 2010's Spring Break 2...Hangover Edition, 2011's Spring Break 3...It's A Shore Thing and last year's Spring Break 4...Suntan City. Though the album didn't include a radio single, Bryan did release a video for "Buzzkill," one of the album's new tracks, which can
Kenny Rogers featured in Billboard’s 50 th  Anniversary of Adult Contemporary chart   Rogers’ Ranks Sixth-Best All Time and Fourth-Best Male with 28 AC Top 10 hits Nashville, TN (August 25, 2011) – According to Billboard, Kenny Rogers’ 28 Adult Contemporary Top 10’s are sixth-best all-time, and fourth-best among men, trailing only Elton John, Neil Diamond and Elvis Presley.  Kenny Rogers' feats on the AC chart include 47 hits, tying him with Barry Manilow for seventh-most in the chart's history. No core country artist has crossed over more titles to AC. Rogers has scored eight AC No. 1s. Rogers: "I remember when [the AC charts] were established, I thought it was so cool. I've always been a believer in the strength of the song. My problem is I'm a country singer who's had a lot of other musical influences, so my stuff is going to tend to be more AC. That's always been my slam in country music, that I was never a true country artist, even though &q

They call her..The Bare Naked Bandit..29 yr Old Lee Grace Doherty

ARRESTED now in Colorado...but what a story and week for 2 brothers and their stripper sister! Text messages and tweets by three fugitive siblings who shot at a police officer and robbed a bank reveal a dangerous mindset and a firm bond between the siblings, "We've certainly seen their mindset when... They shot at a law enforcement officer outside of Tampa Bay, Fla., and when they fired inside that bank in Valdosta, Ga. But these additional texts and tweets have given us additional insight," FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett told "Good Morning America" today. " We are concerned and feel that they are going to continue and cause problems to say the least for law enforcement." Ryan Dougherty, 21; his sister Lee Grace E. Dougherty, 29; and half-brother Dylan Dougherty Stanley, 26, have been on the lam since Aug. 2 when they shot at a police officer attempting to pull their white Subaru Impreza over for speeding. A few hours later, they robbed a bank in G